Top Reasons for Abnormal Suspension Noises in Porscheby schearerswpadmin April 3, 2022
With age and usage, some cars tend to develop mechanical problems. One of these common issues is a strange suspension noise, especially in Porsche models. While age is one factor that could create this problem, there are other possible reasons why your Porsche may start making abnormal suspension noises.
There are several parts connected to your Porsche’s suspension system:
- Struts and shock absorbers
- Coil springs
- Control arms
- Sway bar
- Axle beam bushings
- Ball joints
- Tie rods
- Steering rack
Warning Signs in a Noisy Suspension
Unusual noises from any of these parts might be telltale signs that your car needs professional attention. Some typical sounds you might hear include:
- Rattling noises: If your suspension system is bad, there is the tendency for it to make rattling noises.
- Creaking Sounds: Your car’s ball joints are a part of the suspension system, so if you hear creaking sounds, the ball joints are probably in need of a change.
- Knocking noises: Knocking noises are also very common and may just imply that your shock absorbers are bad.
- Squealing noises: This sound is usually traceable to a faulty suspension bushing.
Reasons for Abnormal Suspension Noises
Your Porsche’s suspension system works to ensure that your car has a controlled, seamless ride and easy steering maneuver. When your suspension starts making unusual sounds, it’s time to visit our trusted Porsche speciality shop. Below are some of the usual symptoms of suspension problems in your Porsche:
- Misalignment: A common sign that your Porsche’s suspension system has developed faults is if the car drifts to one side or has trouble staying in its lane. This is a bad sign because if the car’s weight rests heavily on just one side, the tires and suspension on that side will wear even faster.
- Shock absorbers are not working: Your shock absorbers work constantly to provide a smooth ride by absorbing movements caused by bumps and divots. If your Porsche seems to be bouncing a lot, it may mean that your suspension system needs to be checked.
- Springs: Your springs help maintain balance and handle the weight of the car. If they aren’t working properly, your car may have developed suspension problems that need a master mechanic to inspect, diagnose, and repair properly.
The Risks of Abnormal Suspension Noises
Abnormal noises in your Porsche’s suspension system indicate a fault from one part of the car’s system. If it goes unchecked for a long period of time, other car parts may be at risk of damage. It is risky to drive a car with squeaking or strange sounds as it may be impossible to narrow down the source of the problem, and it could damage other parts as well. The best thing to do is to have it examined by our professionals.
You don’t want a novice working on your Porsche, as to avoid further complications and possibly extra expenses. For this reason, we suggest you take your car to an experienced and professional automotive repair shop in your city. Preferably, narrow it down to a repair shop with a history of success stories, dealing with cars like yours. If you live in Allentown or anywhere close, the Schearer’s Sales and Service is the best place to bring your Porsche for repairs.
Schearer’s Sales and Service: Your Porsche Experts in Allentown
Whether you own a Porsche, Volvo, Mercedes, or BMW, Schearer’s Sales and Service, Inc. has the solution to all your car needs. We also specialize in the repair and maintenance of other car brands like Audi, Jaguar, Land Rover, MINI, and Volkswagen.
Schearer’s Sales and Service, Inc., is your European automotive specialists. We employ ASE-certified mechanics with years of experience repairing and maintaining cars in the Allentown, Pennsylvania area.
We provide all aspects of vehicle repair from PA Safety and emissions inspection to engine diagnostics, oil change maintenance, factory recommended maintenance, timing belt service, tire replacement, brake and suspension repairs, and wheel alignment.
If you live in Bethlehem, Macungie, or Allentown, PA, and you have a car that needs capable, experienced hands, bring your car into our service center today. Our reputation speaks for us, and we pride ourselves on the quality of our work. We look forward to getting to know you and servicing your car for years to come.
* Porsche Car image credit goes to: Krasnevsky.