The Top Repair Shop in Allentown for Transmission Leak Issues in a Mercedesby schearerswpadmin June 7, 2021
A quality vehicle like the Mercedes-Benz is best kept in as great of a condition as possible. While catching small problems can be difficult, one thing that is easy to notice is a transmission leak. This type of fluid leak is fairly serious as it can cause damage to the inside of your car and require fluid replacement. Fortunately, there are trained technicians out there ready to help you get your Mercedes back up and running the way that it should.
Symptoms of Transmission Leaks
The most clear sign of a transmission leak is a small puddle of fluid underneath your Mercedes. This is easiest to notice while your car is parked somewhere.
Differentiating between transmission fluid leaks and other fluid leaks is easiest to do with a sheet of paper. If you notice some sort of leak, you can place a piece of paper underneath the leaky spot and wait a few hours. Then, examine the sheet for the color and smell of the leak.
Transmission fluid is usually red and slippery with an oily smell. In addition to seeing the leak itself, there are a few other symptoms of transmission leaks to watch out for in your Mercedes.
- Grinding Sounds: The transmission must be lubricated to keep its different parts moving properly. If there is a transmission fluid leak, it could cause the metal parts to grind against each other, producing an unsettling noise.
- Cracks In The Transmission: A transmission fluid leak could indicate a different problem, like a crack in the transmission somewhere. This is an even more problematic issue that must be addressed immediately.
- Stained Concrete: Transmission fluid, being reddish in color, will stain the concrete that it’s leaking on. Even if you don’t catch the leak right away, you’ll be able to notice the stain on your driveway or garage floor.
Causes of Transmission Leaks
There are a number of causes that this problem can happen in your Mercedes. They range from extremely serious to rather insignificant. Some of the most common causes of transmission leaks include the following:
- Incorrectly-Tightened Drain Plug: If you’ve recently had your Mercedes serviced, there could have been an issue with retightening the drain plug that keeps fluid in the pan. Alternatively, if the drain plug is tightened too closely, it could damage the plug and cause transmission fluid to leak. Balance is the most important thing with the drain plug.
- Transmission Pan Holes: The transmission pan’s function is to keep transmission fluid in your Mercedes. It is found on the underside of your car, which is subjected to possible damage from debris that strikes it. If the pan has holes in it from damage, fluid can leak from it.
- Problems With The Transmission Pan Gasket: This gasket is a piece of rubber that sits between the transmission housing and pan. Although it is tiny, it is critical for function. If it breaks or tears or otherwise loses function, transmission fluid can leak from your car.
- Torque Converter Cracks: The torque converter’s function is to transfer transmission fluid around your vehicle’s transmission to keep things lubricated. If there are cracks in this part, fluid can leak out.
Schearer’s Sales and Service for your Mercedes
Located off of Crackersport Road in Allentown, Pennsylvania, Schearer’s Sales and Service is PA’s premier European automotive repair shop. We service Mercedes drivers from all around the area, including Bethlehem and Macungie, PA.
Our licensed mechanics are trained and ready to help you diagnose and repair your transmission fluid leak, along with any other problems you may be experiencing. We offer the best customer service in the state and a dealership alternative like no other.
In addition to repairing transmission fluid leaks, Schearer’s Sales and Service offers the following comprehensive repairs and tests for your Mercedes:
- Oil changes
- Diagnostic inspections
- Brake repair
- Air conditioning repair
- Factory recommended services
- Emergency services
If you find yourself experiencing any of the above symptoms with your prized Mercedes-Benz, bring your car to see us today. We guarantee that the issue will be found and fixed at a fraction of the cost a dealership would charge you. Call us today and see why we are the best in the business.