The Best Way to Deal with an HVAC Compressor Failure in a Volvoby schearerswpadmin November 1, 2021
There is nothing worse than getting into a car after a long day at work or running errands only to find its Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system isn’t working. The professionals at Shearer’s Sales and Service, Inc. will help repair and restore cool air conditioning to your Volvo for your comfort. The problem may be with your HVAC system’s Air Conditioning (AC) compressor, so it can take a little longer to get your Volvo’s cabin temperature to where you need it for your comfort. So, let’s take a closer look at your Volvo’s HVAC compressor.
The Purpose of a AC Compressor in a Volvo
Understanding the AC compressor in your Volvo can help you identify causes of issues with your vehicle’s HVAC system, as well as explore potential options for repair. The AC compressor in a vehicle powers the HVAC system of your vehicle and encourages it to produce cold air according to the Volvo’s temperature setting. The air conditioner simply will not work at its maximum potential or at all without an AC compressor.
Indications of AC Compressor Problems in Volvos
Discovering your Volvo has an AC compressor issue is actually easier than you might think. In fact, there are some pretty obvious signs your AC compressor might be on the fritz before it completely goes out. Check out these signs below that indicate a problem:
- High temperatures in the cabin: You may think that hot temperatures inside your cabin is a result of summertime heat, but your AC compressor and system should cool you off in a matter of minutes. So if you are still sweating in your car after you’ve been driving a while with the AC blowing, this is probably directly related to impending HVAC system compressor failure.
- Loud noises from the AC compressor: While you may not always be able to detect the origin of weird noises, it will be obvious it is your AC compressor when it is only noticeable during times when you are running your Volvo’s AC.
- Moisture leaking: This is a tricky sign to watch out for because Volvo AC’s often cause water to drain from the underneath side of your vehicle. However, if your interior floorboards are moist, this is a strong indication that you’re having a problem with the HVAC system.
- Stiff or stuck compressor clutch: As a separate unit, the AC compressor clutch can easily be fixed or replaced on its own when it malfunctions.
- Circuit breaker frequently tripping: A faulty AC compressor can actually draw so much power that it causes your circuit breaker to trip time after time.
- Malfunctioning suction lines: Hot airflow through the vents of your Volvo can be a direct indication of blocked or clogged air suction lines that serve your AC compressor.
Where to Find Help for Your Volvo’s HVAC System Compressor Failure
The good news is that HVAC compressor failure in Volvo models is quite ordinary, so our technicians will diagnose and repair the issue quickly and affordably.
Not only can we help resolve your Volvo’s HVAC compressor issues, but we are the place to go for a second opinion, too! Schearer’s Sales and Service, LLC. has been serving the city of Lehigh, PA, and surrounding areas since 1995, so we are experts in taking care of our customer’s Volvo models.
We are conveniently located right off the PA turnpike. Schearer’s Sales and Service, LLC seeks to make every aspect of your vehicle’s repair as convenient as our location. We offer complimentary loaner vehicles and shuttle services, as well as honest and upfront pricing for repairs made to your Volvo. We are so sure of the abilities of our technicians that we even offer a 36-month/36,000-mile warranty on all of our repair services.
Don’t wait to get assistance with your Volvo’s failing HVAC compressor problems. Give Schearer’s Sales and Service, LLC. a call today at (610) 395-2514. We look forward to chatting with you about your Volvo’s needs.