Signs of Infotainment System Failure in Land Roverby schearerswpadmin August 26, 2021
Your Land Rover comes with a range of options for superior entertainment and usability options while driving, making your trip both safe and comfortable. Here are some of the main features in a Land Rover’s infotainment system:
- Touch Screen Display: Typically the main hub of your Land Rover’s infotainment system, this is where you can navigate options for connectivity to other devices, including the satellite navigation system.
- Satellite Navigation: A built-in visual navigation system that will take you to your destination with ease.
- Bluetooth Connection: An easy way to effortlessly connect to your Android or Apple device to use navigation or music apps of your choice.
- Phone Integration: Don’t stress about handling your phone while driving. Your Land Rover’s infotainment system will likely integrate your phone into its automated system, leaving you to chat while you keep both hands on the steering wheel.
- Voice Command: Newer infotainment systems in your Land Rover will have voice command options, meaning you have the option to make and receive calls without having to touch or look at your phone.
- Backup Camera: This feature is also helpful when it’s difficult to see behind you in the dark, as there is also a light that brightens your surroundings so you can see it on the monitor. Many backup cameras have guidelines which tell you the path of your current trajectory and a red marking when you’re close to hitting an object.
Signs of Infotainment Failure
While these are all amazing features in your Land Rover’s infotainment system, technology is sometimes known to go awry. Pay attention to some of the following signals for signs of failure in your infotainment system to keep you and your Land Rover safe.
As with all technology, your infotainment system is kept running by a series of electrical wires and cables. When one of these delicate wires is frail or malfunctioning, the entire system may begin to fail. This could make the screen blank or part of the screen may not display properly. Parts of the audio system may not sound correct.
If this begins to happen, it’s likely that you are experiencing electrical failure with your Land Rover’s infotainment system. You should take your SUV to a specialist immediately for swift and efficient recovery. Otherwise, the entire system could fail.
Technology often requires updates for it to work, and the same is true of your Land Rover’s infotainment system. Remember to update your system regularly, whenever it prompts you, or glitches may begin to happen. This could look like Bluetooth technology having difficulty connecting or your phone integration system not connecting properly.
If you have updated your infotainment system and are still experiencing problems, bring your Land Rover into our shop as soon as possible to avoid any further problems with your system.
Importance of Regular Upkeep
As with any other part of your Land Rover’s body, engine, or interior, its infotainment system needs regular upkeep with a professional to ensure healthy functioning. This is why having your professional mechanic check for any glitches or electrical failings during routine checkups is essential.
Choosing Schearer’s Sales and Service, Inc., for Your Land Rover
At Schearer’s Sales and Service, Inc., we believe we’re the right fit for your Land Rover’s regular check-ups and maintenance needs. We have had outstanding customer loyalty since our shop opened in 1995 due to our quick, error-free service, and dedicated staff.
We help drivers in the Allentown, PA area and are just a short drive from Bethlehem, Orefield, Schnecksville, Macungie, Alburtis, Emmaus, Trexlertown, Breinigsville, Kutztown, Topton, and Fleetwood.
We specialize in taking care of luxury vehicles, and your Land Rover is no different. Our state-of-the-art shop is equipped with the latest tools and equipment to maintain your vehicle, whether it’s for maintenance or an emergency.
If you are experiencing any problems with your Land Rover’s infotainment system or are looking for a regular place to take your Land Rover for checkups and maintenance, we’re eager to help you.