How to Take Care of Your Jaguar’s Cruise Control System in Allentownby schearerswpadmin July 3, 2020
When it comes to new developments in automotive technology and safety features, Jaguar is a leading brand. One of the safety features offered to drivers is the adaptive cruise control system. This cruise control system ensures a smooth and safe ride for all drivers and passengers by adjusting speeds in traffic to maintain a safe following distance. However, this system requires care and caution while driving to maintain proper function.
In this article, we’re going to discuss how you can take care of your Jaguar’s cruise control system and stay safe for years to come. We will also review what to do when your adaptive cruise control begins to malfunction.
Taking Care of Cruise Control
It is crucial that you learn the limits of your Jaguar’s cruise control system. There are certain times when it is best to rely on it and others where doing so can be dangerous. If you use the cruise control feature when you shouldn’t, you run the risk of damaging the system and the vehicle itself.
- Use your adaptive cruise control when conditions are favorable on major roads with traffic moving in lanes. This is the best time to use it, as maintaining a safe following distance is more prudent on busy roads.
- Stay alert and drive safely. Just because your Jaguar’s cruise control is set, it does not mean that you can relax and take your eyes off of the road. At any time, conditions can change. If you aren’t paying attention, you could be caught up in a bad accident. It is also important to note that this cruise control system does not detect pedestrians and slow-moving vehicles.
- Have your Jaguar regularly inspected and maintained. Keeping a regular maintenance schedule will ensure that any issues will be resolved early, including malfunctions with your adaptive cruise control system. Losing this feature is inconvenient and can be dangerous when driving on busy freeways. Even aside from inconvenience and danger, you want your car parts to last longer. It saves a lot of money in the long run.
- Do not use cruise control in areas with many sharp turns, traffic medians, spaces with many parked cars, and pedestrian-heavy spaces. This will almost definitely cause an accident that could be fatal. Your cruise control system is meant for roads with freeway/highway speeds, not parking lots and city blocks.
- Do not use the cruise control system in icy or inclement weather. This could cause your Jaguar to spin out of control and damage your vehicle or possibly cause an accident. It’s always better to only use this feature in clear, dry weather with dry roads.
- Do not get distracted. Again, the cruise control system helps when driving by adjusting speed to maintain a safe following distance and will give you more reaction time if traffic conditions become hazardous, but it isn’t perfect. You must keep your eyes and full attention on the road and your driving.
Jaguar Maintenance and the Cruise Control System
It is recommended that you have inspections and maintenance performed on your Jaguar every 3 to 6 months to check for issues such as oil leaks, engine malfunction, and brake problems, including cruise control system malfunction.
You will notice if your cruise control is malfunctioning because your vehicle will not adjust speeds when driving on a busy road. You will find your vehicle getting far too close to the cars ahead of you.
Jaguar Experts: Schearer’s Sales and Service, Inc
If you need your Jaguar’s cruise control system inspected or repaired, entrust your car to the Jaguar experts at Schearer’s Sales and Service, Inc. Our dedicated team of qualified automotive technicians will inspect, diagnose, and repair any issues that we discover. With decades of experience, you can rest assured that your Jaguar is in capable hands at Schearer’s.
For those drivers located in the communities of Allentown, Bethlehem, and Macungie PA, Schearer’s is eager to help you maintain and service your Jaguar for years to come. In addition to Jaguar vehicles, we also specialize in the servicing of the following brands: Audi, BMW, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Porsche, Volkswagen, and Volvo.
If you would like to make an appointment, please call (610) 395-2514 or fill out an appointment request form online. We are happy to address all of your questions and concerns.
* Jaguar XE Car image credit goes to: trangiap.